Accéder au contenu principal

Sélection

This Dragon’s Dogma 2: Dark Arisen Pre-Order Discount Gives You Another Reason To Ignore Your Pawn

This Dragon’s Dogma 2: Dark Arisen Pre-Order Discount Gives You Another Reason To Ignore Your Pawn https://ift.tt/G9PQHYB Dragon’s Dogma 2 isn’t perfect, but I’d be lying if I said it wasn’t one of my favorite games of 2024. Climbing a giant monster and taking it down like you’re a supernaturally powered David against a monstrous Goliath is just fun, solidified into a game mechanic, and the combat only heightens the experience. With the Dark Arisen expansion giving me another reason to return to Battahl and, well, another reason to ignore the Pawn trailing behind me as I walk over the trail of corpses I’ve left in my wake, I’m ready to become the Arisen once again. I won’t bore you with the base game's details—if you’re here, you’ve probably already played one of the best RPGs of recent years. Dark Arisen isn’t just a simple narrative patched onto the existing game, either. It’s the culmination of months of performance improvements alongside the arrival of a substantial amou...

Microsoft's Strategy To "Spend Sony Out Of Business" Revealed In 2019 Internal Email

Microsoft's Strategy To "Spend Sony Out Of Business" Revealed In 2019 Internal Email https://ift.tt/wxalQqO

As part of the ongoing trial between the Federal Trade Commission and Microsoft, an internal email from Xbox Game Studios chief Matt Booty encouraging Microsoft CFO Tim Stuart to "spend Sony out of business" has been made public. The email, which was sent in December 2019, explains Microsoft's aggressive acquisition plans, which almost resulted in the company purchasing Sega, Niantic, and Bungie.

In the email, first shared by The Verge, Booty writes, "We (Microsoft) are in a very unique position to go spend Sony out of business. If we think that video game content matters in 10 years, we might look back and say, 'Totally would have been worth it to lose $2B or $3B in 2020 to avoid a situation where Tencent, Google, Amazon, or even Sony have become the Disney of games and own most of the valuable content.""

Booty went on to explain how it is "practically impossible" for a company to start a new streaming service due to Disney's competitive holdings, before drawing a comparison between video streaming services and the future of the games industry:

Continue Reading at GameSpot

Commentaires