Accéder au contenu principal

Sélection

I Gave Up My The Witcher 3 Run To Play Dressmaker, And My Life Is Better For It

I Gave Up My The Witcher 3 Run To Play Dressmaker, And My Life Is Better For It https://ift.tt/fMtrSBQ If you walked into my room at any time (please don’t), chances are you’ll find me playing more adult games. No, not talking about those—I mean specifically Call of Duty, Grand Theft Auto VI, Cyberpunk 2077, or The Blood of Dawnwalker. Perhaps I’ll be enjoying Kingdom Hearts or a dash of Pokémon, but in reality, most of the time it’ll be more mature experiences. However, I’ve recently stopped my first proper The Witcher 3 playthrough almost instantly in favor of Dressmaker. And you could join me too, thanks to a tasty discount. Nothing satisfies me more than a well-placed slice that cuts down a monster or taking on side quests to uncover a story off the beaten path. However, I’ve found that I’m equally satisfied by a little bit of hard work. Dressmaker isn’t just about making dresses—it’s about each decision impacting the final product, working toward your client’s requests in a ...

Former PlayStation Boss Says Gaming Faces "Existential Threat"

Former PlayStation Boss Says Gaming Faces "Existential Threat" https://ift.tt/Zbqosvl

According to former PlayStation boss Shawn Layden, non-endemic companies like Netflix or Google are one of the biggest threats to the video game business today.

Layden spoke at a keynote on stage with GamesIndustry.biz head Christopher Dring at the website's Investment Submit last week. Listing his top three concerns for the industry in the years ahead, he claimed that "consolidation can be an enemy of creativity," and that "rising costs in gaming are an existential threat to all of us." He then referred to non-endemic companies like Netflix, Google, Apple, and Amazon as "barbarians at the gate."

Layden sees what happened to other entertainment spaces, like music and TV, as cautionary tales. The music industry was permanently altered by iTunes, for example. Netflix aided in destroying home video rental and changed consumers' relationship to the cinema. He is hopeful that gaming will disrupt itself, rather than being changed by outside forces. He said, "Where it doesn’t take a Google or an Amazon to completely flip the table. We should be smart enough to see these changes coming and prepare ourselves for that eventuality."

Continue Reading at GameSpot

Commentaires