Accéder au contenu principal

Sélection

This Dragon’s Dogma 2: Dark Arisen Pre-Order Discount Gives You Another Reason To Ignore Your Pawn

This Dragon’s Dogma 2: Dark Arisen Pre-Order Discount Gives You Another Reason To Ignore Your Pawn https://ift.tt/G9PQHYB Dragon’s Dogma 2 isn’t perfect, but I’d be lying if I said it wasn’t one of my favorite games of 2024. Climbing a giant monster and taking it down like you’re a supernaturally powered David against a monstrous Goliath is just fun, solidified into a game mechanic, and the combat only heightens the experience. With the Dark Arisen expansion giving me another reason to return to Battahl and, well, another reason to ignore the Pawn trailing behind me as I walk over the trail of corpses I’ve left in my wake, I’m ready to become the Arisen once again. I won’t bore you with the base game's details—if you’re here, you’ve probably already played one of the best RPGs of recent years. Dark Arisen isn’t just a simple narrative patched onto the existing game, either. It’s the culmination of months of performance improvements alongside the arrival of a substantial amou...

Gen V's Graphic Violence Has More To Say Than The Boys

Gen V's Graphic Violence Has More To Say Than The Boys https://ift.tt/uCKEJtP

The Boys and its spin-off, Gen V, are some of the gnarliest shows around when it comes to blood and guts. The Boys makes its intentions known very quickly when A-Train runs through Hughie's girlfriend, leaving the latter holding her hands, disconnected from her splattered body. She's instantly killed so that Hughie can get angry enough to join up with Billy Butcher and the crew. The Boys' new college-focused spin-off, Gen V, is a violent show, too. Its main character slices her hand open to access her blood powers, and even just five episodes in, the show is hinting that her control over blood is more extensive than you can imagine. Gen V not only features one of the bloodiest opening sequences in any show that I can remember, but it's also much more creative with its use of graphic violence and other body-horror-style moments thanks to its protagonists.

Warning: The following contains spoilers for Prime Video's Gen V through Episode 5 of Season 1. If you haven't caught up with the series yet, you may want to wait until you do.

Continue Reading at GameSpot

Commentaires