Accéder au contenu principal

Sélection

This Dragon’s Dogma 2: Dark Arisen Pre-Order Discount Gives You Another Reason To Ignore Your Pawn

This Dragon’s Dogma 2: Dark Arisen Pre-Order Discount Gives You Another Reason To Ignore Your Pawn https://ift.tt/G9PQHYB Dragon’s Dogma 2 isn’t perfect, but I’d be lying if I said it wasn’t one of my favorite games of 2024. Climbing a giant monster and taking it down like you’re a supernaturally powered David against a monstrous Goliath is just fun, solidified into a game mechanic, and the combat only heightens the experience. With the Dark Arisen expansion giving me another reason to return to Battahl and, well, another reason to ignore the Pawn trailing behind me as I walk over the trail of corpses I’ve left in my wake, I’m ready to become the Arisen once again. I won’t bore you with the base game's details—if you’re here, you’ve probably already played one of the best RPGs of recent years. Dark Arisen isn’t just a simple narrative patched onto the existing game, either. It’s the culmination of months of performance improvements alongside the arrival of a substantial amou...

BioShock Successor Judas Is A Procedurally Generated Roguelite

BioShock Successor Judas Is A Procedurally Generated Roguelite https://ift.tt/NMBwr17

Bioshock creator Ken Levine's Judas has been in development for almost ten years, and now his studio Ghost Story Games are finally ready to show what its been working on all that time. While Judas is still a narrative-driven FPS in the style of the Bioshock games, it's also a procedurally generated roguelite set in a dynamically-shifting open world. Here's what we know so far.

Judas is fundamentally built around a concept Ken Levine calls "narrative Legos," which he has been refining since his GDC talk by the same name all the way back in 2014. The concept mixes procedural generation with bespoke building blocks of narrative or dialogue, creating a game that can react to a player's decisions in a way that feels natural.

"We call it pseudo-procedural because it's not like Minecraft where everything's being generated off a set of pure mathematical heuristics," Levine explained in an interview with IGN. "You build all these smaller piece elements in the game and then you teach the game how to make good levels essentially, and good story, and most importantly, reactive to what you do."

Continue Reading at GameSpot

Commentaires