Accéder au contenu principal

Sélection

This Dragon’s Dogma 2: Dark Arisen Pre-Order Discount Gives You Another Reason To Ignore Your Pawn

This Dragon’s Dogma 2: Dark Arisen Pre-Order Discount Gives You Another Reason To Ignore Your Pawn https://ift.tt/G9PQHYB Dragon’s Dogma 2 isn’t perfect, but I’d be lying if I said it wasn’t one of my favorite games of 2024. Climbing a giant monster and taking it down like you’re a supernaturally powered David against a monstrous Goliath is just fun, solidified into a game mechanic, and the combat only heightens the experience. With the Dark Arisen expansion giving me another reason to return to Battahl and, well, another reason to ignore the Pawn trailing behind me as I walk over the trail of corpses I’ve left in my wake, I’m ready to become the Arisen once again. I won’t bore you with the base game's details—if you’re here, you’ve probably already played one of the best RPGs of recent years. Dark Arisen isn’t just a simple narrative patched onto the existing game, either. It’s the culmination of months of performance improvements alongside the arrival of a substantial amou...

Building Tears Of The Kingdom From The Bones Of BotW Was Harder Than You Would Think

Building Tears Of The Kingdom From The Bones Of BotW Was Harder Than You Would Think https://ift.tt/msQrjzL

Even though The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom built off the extensive world map created for its predecessor Breath of the Wild, it wasn't as much of a development shortcut as you might think. In a GDC talk on ToTK's physics and sound systems, Zelda devs have revealed just how much had to be changed for ToTK thanks to the introduction of the game-changing Ultrahand.

As covered by Eurogamer, the talk explained that the Zelda developers went into ToTK wanting to expand on BoTW's two core concepts: the "vast and seamless Hyrule," and "multiplicative gameplay"--where physics systems create novel solutions in-game even where those solutions weren't explicitly designed for.

The expansion on multiplicative gameplay came from the introduction of the Ultrahand, which fundamentally changed the game by allowing players to combine objects with almost endless possibilities. Early in the development chain, this unsurprisingly resulted in a lot of chaos, with lead physics engineer Takahiro Takayama relating that he would often hear his team exclaiming "it broke!" or "it went flying!" to which he would say "I know--we'll deal with it later. Just focus on getting the gameplay together and trying it out."

Continue Reading at GameSpot

Commentaires