Accéder au contenu principal

Sélection

This Dragon’s Dogma 2: Dark Arisen Pre-Order Discount Gives You Another Reason To Ignore Your Pawn

This Dragon’s Dogma 2: Dark Arisen Pre-Order Discount Gives You Another Reason To Ignore Your Pawn https://ift.tt/G9PQHYB Dragon’s Dogma 2 isn’t perfect, but I’d be lying if I said it wasn’t one of my favorite games of 2024. Climbing a giant monster and taking it down like you’re a supernaturally powered David against a monstrous Goliath is just fun, solidified into a game mechanic, and the combat only heightens the experience. With the Dark Arisen expansion giving me another reason to return to Battahl and, well, another reason to ignore the Pawn trailing behind me as I walk over the trail of corpses I’ve left in my wake, I’m ready to become the Arisen once again. I won’t bore you with the base game's details—if you’re here, you’ve probably already played one of the best RPGs of recent years. Dark Arisen isn’t just a simple narrative patched onto the existing game, either. It’s the culmination of months of performance improvements alongside the arrival of a substantial amou...

Nintendo Sees Potential In Generative AI, But Won't Make Games Created "By Technology Alone"

Nintendo Sees Potential In Generative AI, But Won't Make Games Created "By Technology Alone" https://ift.tt/WUKBHad

Several video game companies have begun exploring how generative AI can help with the development process of their titles, but Nintendo isn't ready to embrace the technology just yet. When asked in a shareholder Q&A if the company had any initiatives in place to use AI, Nintendo president Shuntaro Furukawa explained that AI could be used "in creative ways" but there were also "issues with intellectual property rights" to deal with.

"Generative AI, which is becoming a big topic recently, can be used in creative ways, but we recognize that it may also raise issues with intellectual property rights," Furukawa said. While Nintendo is open to "utilizing technological developments," it is currently relying on its experienced employees to develop unique games.

"We have decades of know-how in creating the best gaming experiences for our players. While we are open to utilizing technological developments, we will work to continue delivering value that is unique to Nintendo and cannot be created by technology alone," Furukawa said.

Continue Reading at GameSpot

Commentaires