Accéder au contenu principal

Sélection

I Gave Up My The Witcher 3 Run To Play Dressmaker, And My Life Is Better For It

I Gave Up My The Witcher 3 Run To Play Dressmaker, And My Life Is Better For It https://ift.tt/fMtrSBQ If you walked into my room at any time (please don’t), chances are you’ll find me playing more adult games. No, not talking about those—I mean specifically Call of Duty, Grand Theft Auto VI, Cyberpunk 2077, or The Blood of Dawnwalker. Perhaps I’ll be enjoying Kingdom Hearts or a dash of Pokémon, but in reality, most of the time it’ll be more mature experiences. However, I’ve recently stopped my first proper The Witcher 3 playthrough almost instantly in favor of Dressmaker. And you could join me too, thanks to a tasty discount. Nothing satisfies me more than a well-placed slice that cuts down a monster or taking on side quests to uncover a story off the beaten path. However, I’ve found that I’m equally satisfied by a little bit of hard work. Dressmaker isn’t just about making dresses—it’s about each decision impacting the final product, working toward your client’s requests in a ...

Hulu's Hellraiser Review -- Our Hearts Are Hellbound At Long Last


Hulu's Hellraiser Review -- Our Hearts Are Hellbound At Long Last https://ift.tt/n8xGeOv

There have been whispers of a Hellraiser "reboot" for over a decade, with the project entering and exciting various stages of development, changing hands between production companies, writers, directors--you name it. It seemed strangely appropriate, if disappointing, that a franchise founded on the idea of being trapped in a nightmarish liminal reality would find itself in production hell for so long. But now, thankfully, the puzzle has been solved at long last and the Hellraiser reboot is finally here with director David Bruckner (The Night House) at the helm and Hulu acting as distributor. And better yet--it turns out that it actually was worth the wait, however hellish the road to this point may have seemed.

It wouldn't be completely accurate to call new Hellraiser a proper reboot--it doesn't attempt to retread any of the ground covered in either the original Clive Barker novella, The Hellbound Heart, or the original movie from 1986. The characters--barring one or two familiar-ish Cenobites--are brand-new, the story is brand-new, and the mythology of the world has been changed to benefit them. It's as much a "reboot" as any of the franchise's other installments (there are 10 of them--11 now, counting this one) that tossed out new characters and ideas without so much as a backwards glance to the story put forth across 1, 2 (and 6, kind of, if you want to get technical).

Continue Reading at GameSpot

Commentaires