Accéder au contenu principal

Sélection

This Dragon’s Dogma 2: Dark Arisen Pre-Order Discount Gives You Another Reason To Ignore Your Pawn

This Dragon’s Dogma 2: Dark Arisen Pre-Order Discount Gives You Another Reason To Ignore Your Pawn https://ift.tt/G9PQHYB Dragon’s Dogma 2 isn’t perfect, but I’d be lying if I said it wasn’t one of my favorite games of 2024. Climbing a giant monster and taking it down like you’re a supernaturally powered David against a monstrous Goliath is just fun, solidified into a game mechanic, and the combat only heightens the experience. With the Dark Arisen expansion giving me another reason to return to Battahl and, well, another reason to ignore the Pawn trailing behind me as I walk over the trail of corpses I’ve left in my wake, I’m ready to become the Arisen once again. I won’t bore you with the base game's details—if you’re here, you’ve probably already played one of the best RPGs of recent years. Dark Arisen isn’t just a simple narrative patched onto the existing game, either. It’s the culmination of months of performance improvements alongside the arrival of a substantial amou...

GDQ's Flame Fatales Wraps Up With $110,000 Raised For The Malala Fund

GDQ's Flame Fatales Wraps Up With $110,000 Raised For The Malala Fund https://ift.tt/EJy8ihG

Frame Fatales, the Games Done Quick spin-off for women and non-binary speedrunners, just wrapped up its summer event Flame Fatales with a total of $110,000 raised for the Malala Fund. The online event ran from August 13 to 20, and featured over 60 runs including Stardew Valley, Tears of the Kingdom, and Pokemon Scarlet/Violet.

The event raised over $110,835 for the Malala Fund, a non-profit organization focused on girls' education around the world. The organisation advocates for policy changes and resources that support all girls getting a secondary education, as well as investing in and amplifying the activists fighting for change.

As well as raising money for charity, Flame Fatates aims to raise the profile of female and non-binary speedrunners in the community. The week-long summer event featured over 60 events, with highlights including Tears of the Kingdom's first appearance in a GDQ event, a three-player run of PlateUp!, and other games including Pokemon Scarlet, Stardew Valley, Final Fantasy X, and Resident Evil Village.

Continue Reading at GameSpot

Commentaires