Accéder au contenu principal

Sélection

The Frustrating Mystery Of Who Makes Nintendo Games

The Frustrating Mystery Of Who Makes Nintendo Games https://ift.tt/ZMoQ8Fx Whenever a Nintendo game gets a splashy reveal in a Direct, my immediate hype takes on a few forms. I’ll replay the trailer at least once, then I’ll start going frame by frame. I scour Nintendo’s websites for concrete information, then I read up on Reddit comments and theories to see what other people noticed that I might have missed. And then, I watch the trailer yet again. But almost every single time, my brain lands on the same question: Who the hell made this thing? The most recent catalyst for this vicious hype cycle was Metroid Ravenous, a game that looks remarkably like 2021’s Metroid Dread. That game was made in collaboration with Spanish studio MercurySteam, but I saw no mention of that company anywhere in Nintendo’s promotional materials immediately after the reveal. Being the inquisitive and nosy neurodivergent person that I am, my mind subsequently went down a rabbit hole, contemplating why Nint...

The Finals Dev Defends AI Voices, Says It's Not Trying To Replace Humans

The Finals Dev Defends AI Voices, Says It's Not Trying To Replace Humans https://ift.tt/u9XdtHG

The Finals developer Embark Studios has responded to criticism over its use of AI-generated voices in its free-to-play shooter, saying it isn't looking to make games without voice actors, IGN reports.

Embark recently launched an open beta for The Finals, and while the beta has been popular enough that players have had to queue for a spot, the studio also came under fire from fans and professional voice actors for its obvious use of AI-generated voices.

In a statement sent to IGN, Embark said that "making games without actors isn't an end goal." A spokesperson elaborated on the studio's process, saying: "We use a combination of recorded voice audio and audio generated via TTS tools in our games, depending on the context.

Continue Reading at GameSpot

Commentaires