Accéder au contenu principal

Sélection

Brand New Day Is Thwipping Amazing, So Continue The Web-Slinging Fun With These Spider-Man Games On Sale

Brand New Day Is Thwipping Amazing, So Continue The Web-Slinging Fun With These Spider-Man Games On Sale https://ift.tt/79wPRzC I wasn’t fully aware at the time, so I may be misremembering, but I’m 90% certain my first words were "Spider-Man." I loved anything and everything involving the character, and as a child, I wanted to swing across New York City, saving the day. As a teenager, and now an adult, I appreciate Peter Parker’s struggles more than ever. Brand New Day, the latest Marvel movie, made me emotional and had me jumping out of my cinema seat in excitement, and if you want to continue that sense of adrenaline, Marvel’s Spider-Man games are on sale right now at their lowest prices yet. Originally PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 exclusives, the Marvel’s Spider-Man series has since become available on PC. Yuri Lowenthal’s take on the wall-crawler is easily one of the best interpretations, delivering a version of Spider-Man who is years into his career and constan...

Take-Two Buys Gearbox Entertainment From Embracer For $460M

Take-Two Buys Gearbox Entertainment From Embracer For $460M https://ift.tt/k1CBDEw

After months of rumors that Embracer Group was looking for buyers for Borderlands developer Gearbox Entertainment, the studio is now officially being sold to 2K parent company Take-Two Interactive in a deal worth $460 million.

Gearbox was one of Embracer Group's biggest acquisitions when it bought the company in 2021, in a deal worth up to $1.3 billion. As the deal was based on Gearbox reaching certain milestones, it's unclear how much of that $1.3 billion Embracer ended up paying out beyond $363 million in guaranteed upfront payments.

Now, as reported by Brian Crecente on X, Take-Two Interactive has purchased Gearbox for $460 million, which will be paid out in Take-Two shares. The purchase includes Gearbox Software in Texas, Gearbox Montreal, and Gearbox Studio Quebec, and will cover Gearbox IP including Borderlands and Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Risk of Rain, Brothers in Arms, and Duke Nukem.

Continue Reading at GameSpot

Commentaires