Accéder au contenu principal

Sélection

This Dragon’s Dogma 2: Dark Arisen Pre-Order Discount Gives You Another Reason To Ignore Your Pawn

This Dragon’s Dogma 2: Dark Arisen Pre-Order Discount Gives You Another Reason To Ignore Your Pawn https://ift.tt/G9PQHYB Dragon’s Dogma 2 isn’t perfect, but I’d be lying if I said it wasn’t one of my favorite games of 2024. Climbing a giant monster and taking it down like you’re a supernaturally powered David against a monstrous Goliath is just fun, solidified into a game mechanic, and the combat only heightens the experience. With the Dark Arisen expansion giving me another reason to return to Battahl and, well, another reason to ignore the Pawn trailing behind me as I walk over the trail of corpses I’ve left in my wake, I’m ready to become the Arisen once again. I won’t bore you with the base game's details—if you’re here, you’ve probably already played one of the best RPGs of recent years. Dark Arisen isn’t just a simple narrative patched onto the existing game, either. It’s the culmination of months of performance improvements alongside the arrival of a substantial amou...

Dragon Age Creator Says The Series Has Long-Term Story Plans

Dragon Age Creator Says The Series Has Long-Term Story Plans https://ift.tt/WjMdq5X

This week, Dragon Age fans have been able to dive back into the continent of Thedas in Dragon Age: The Veilguard. Longtime players may recognize that events in the game were foreshadowed some of the previous installments. According to former Dragon Age lead writer David Gaider, that's because he laid out of the series' lore years ago in a document that's still influencing the direction of the games.

"The way I created the world was to seed plots in various parts of the world that could be part of... a single game," Gaider told Eurogamer. "Then there was the overall uber-plot, which I didn't know for certain that we would ever get to, but I had an understanding of how it all worked together... A lot of that was in my head until we were starting Inquisition and the writers got a little bit impatient with my memory or lack thereof, so they pinned me down and dragged the uber-plot out of me. I'd talked about it, I'd hinted at it, but never really spelled out how it all connected, so they dragged it out of me. We put it into a master lore doc, the secret lore, which we had to hide from most of the team."

Although Gaider left BioWare after Dragon Age: Inquisition, there are signs in The Veilguard that his original plan is still being followed, at least to a degree. He pointed to the return of Fen'Harel as a major example. However, Gaider declined to state what his original ending for the Dragon Age lore was just in case BioWare ever gets around to telling that story.

Continue Reading at GameSpot

Commentaires